Totally Bamboo State Cutting & Serving Board, Alaska, 100% Bamboo Board for Cooking and Entertaining
The State & Country shaped Cutting and Serving Boards from Totally Bamboo are a real novelty and a perfect gift for anyone who is crazy about or loyal to their native state or homeland. These boards are ideal for entertaining and can be used as a cutting board, serving platter or simply as a conversation piece. Each board can be hung on the wall by its rustic hanging loop.
Easy to care for, simply hand wash with warm water and mild detergent and occasionally treat with Totally Bamboo's Revitalizing Mineral Oil (sold separately) to extend the life and beauty of your board. For best results, season new cutting boards with Totally Bamboo's Revitalizing Mineral Oil several times during the first month. To season, apply generous amount of oil, spread with soft clean cloth, let board sit overnight and then wash excess oil off before using.
Do the earth a favor, do bamboo!
Bamboo is one of the most renewable resources in the world, it is stronger than most hard woods and it is the fastest growing plant on our planet. It does not require any special care to grow. In fact, it is a grass that produces more oxygen than a hard wood forest of comparable size, therefore reducing carbon dioxide gases associated with climate change. It also prevents soil erosion through its widespread root system and large canopy.
Totally Bamboo, the original bamboo cutting board company, creates distinctively attractive and super durable products for your kitchen and home. They encourage and support reducing the widespread practice of clear-cutting precious hard wood forests by giving consumers a sustainable alternative to products made from hard wood. Totally Bamboo, is proud to use Moso timber bamboo for its strength, density, versatility and high quality. It is harvested from their own bamboo forests which are not a habitat or food source for the great panda. Their factories adhere to very stringent protocol for curing and processing the bamboo, ensuring the highest quality product. They ensure that their employees are well taken care of and work in a safe and hazard free environment.
- Alaska shaped bamboo cutting and serving board, measures 13.5 x 11.75-inch
- Ideal for food prep, serving and entertaining; display to show your state pride; makes a great gift
- Easy on knife blades, bamboo is a natural alternative to wood, it is substantially stronger than hard woods and easier on the environment
- Bamboo is one of the most renewable resources in the world; Made of Moso bamboo which is known for its strength, density and high quality
- Hand wash with warm water and mild detergent; occasionally treat with Totally Bamboo's Revitalizing Mineral Oil to protect and extend the life and beauty of your board